Launching a new business can be a wonderful experience if you approach it with the right mindset. Very often, startups fail because they don’t have the right experience to overcome challenges or determination to push through when times get tough. Most people would agree that a new venture is 20% idea and 80% execution and one of the most crucial components of the execution is the ability to think about your business in the right way.
Here are 6 motivational quotes that every entrepreneur can learn from:
1. “Success is what happens after you have survived all of your disappointments.” – Unknown
If you are going to take that leap of faith into the unknown and make your idea a reality, be ready for a lot of disappointments because they are coming. No matter how sound of a business plan you may have or how experienced your executive team or board may be, some things will not go as planned. But if you go into it knowing this, then when it happens it won’t throw you off guard.
2. “If you want something you never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
Making a friend of the “unknown” is paramount if you want your business to succeed. Your business is going to challenge you in many ways and it will force you to do things that will push you out of your comfort zone.
3. “People want to do business with you because you help them get what they want. They don’t do business with you to help you get what you want.” -Don Crowthe
It’s no secret that every business helps solve a problem by providing a solution that your customers need. However, where man businesses start to lose sight is when they forget their purpose in the first place and focus more on what they think is right versus just giving people what they want. This is why its important to review your mission statement every so often and then listen to your customers to make sure that they both align with each other.
4. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
Just accept the fact that there are going to be many nights where you are working late. There are going to be those days where you might be exhausted but you have to keep pushing through. Just like the marathon runner who is ready to give up two miles before the finish line but keeps pushing forward, you too will have to do the same thing.
5. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk
Having a business that you truly believe in and aligns with your values is essential if you plan on becoming successful. Because so many factors will not be in your favor, because you believe in it and it lights a fire under you, it will make it much easier for you to continue when times are tough.
6. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis of Assisi
When you first start your business it is going to feel like an unsurmountable mountain to climb. If you begin to think of all the work that needs to be done it can overwhelm you to the point that you may not even want to start in the first place. The secret to accomplishing your goals comes from chunking things down into micro-goals. Focus on one thing at a time, create mini accomplishments, and the next thing you know the ball is rolling and you are doing the impossible.