This column is by Larry Kim, Founder & CTO, WordStream
If only there were some magic formula to help us be our most productive, successful selves.
Of course, no such elixir exists, but we can learn plenty from the example set by millionaires. How do they manage their time so efficiently, learning to focus in just the right areas for critical impact? How do they know where to invest time for the greatest rewards?
Check out these ingenious things millionaires do to be more productive — but don’t just read them. Apply them in your own routines and thought processes and see what happens:
1. “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them, and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.” -Lee Iacocca, American automobile exec and developer of the Ford Mustang
2. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” -Steve Jobs, founder of Apple
3. “Formula for success: Rise early, work hard, strike oil.” -J. Paul Getty, American industrialist and oil magnate
4. “Hard work certainly goes a long way. These days a lot of people work hard, so you have to make sure you work even harder and really dedicate yourself to what you are doing and setting out to achieve.” -Lakshmi Mittal, CEO of ArcelorMittal, the world’s largest steel-making company
5. “It’s not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.” -Tony Robbins, entrepreneur and bestselling author
6. “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” -Paul J. Meyer, top-selling author of personal development materials in the world
7. “No hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me.” -Colonel Harland Sanders, founder of KFC restaurant chain
8. “Each time you make a good decision or do something nice or take care of yourself; each time you show up to work and work hard and do your best at everything you can do, you’re planting seeds for a life that you can only hope will grow beyond your wildest dreams. Take care of the little things — even the little things that you hate — and treat them as promises to your own future. Soon you’ll see that fortune favors the bold who get shit done.” -Sophia Amoruso, CEO of Nasty Gal
9. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” -Coco Chanel, millionaire fashion mogul
10. “People don’t understand that when I grew up, I was never the most talented. I was never the biggest. I was never the fastest. I certainly was never the strongest. The only thing I had was my work ethic, and that’s been what has gotten me this far.” -Tiger Woods, golfer and spokesman
11. “The two most important requirements for major success are: first, being in the right place at the right time, and second, doing something about it.” -Ray Kroc, millionaire entrepreneur
12. “Hard work keeps the wrinkles out of the mind and spirit.” -Helena Rubinstein, millionaire cosmetics entrepreneur
13. “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” -Peter Drucker, management consultant and author
Disclaimer: This is a curated post. The statements, opinions and data contained in these publications are solely those of the individual authors and contributors and not of iamwire and the editor(s). This article was originally published here.
Image Credit: The Real ColonelCategory Motivation