Uber is bringing forth an opportunity for startups in India to pitch in their business ideas to a VC with its #UberPitch initiative. In its latest initiative it is claiming to give a chance to its riders, to present their ideas in front of some of the most accomplished investors.
This opportunity will be available in four cities- Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore. Experience #uberPITCH on 12th August in New Delhi, Mumbai and Pune and on 13th Aug in Bangalore.
In Delhi, startups will get a chance to meet investors from TLabs, SeedFund, Helion Venture Partners and LightSpeed Venture Partners. Blume Ventures, Nexus Partners, Kae Capital Orios Venture Partners will be available in Mumbai. And in Bangalore, SAIF Partners, AngelPrime, Helion Capital and Qualcomm Ventures.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Use the Uber app between 12PM -4PM and slide over to the “#uberPITCH” view
- Hop on and pitch your idea in style
- Spend a good 15 minutes pitching and getting feedback on your idea with the VC
- Rides will be limited and demand will be high! So, try requesting a few times
- All this available for free of cost!
While Uber has been experimenting with different Indian startups like Droom, Dogspot etc. to engage its users, this one actually might lure many takers. Best wishes to all willing startups!