The Black Friday is celebrated in US as a festival observed after Thanksgiving for years now. It led to the origin of Cyber Monday, where online retailers started giving heavy discounts on lines of the trends of their offline counterparts’ Black Friday sales. But now when online stores are coming at par, they are participating in Black Friday sales as well.
And, now that the trend has spread globally, Indian online retailers have joined in the celebrations too. And besides our own indigenous online stores, a number of international stores are shipping to India too. Here are some stores you can check out.
- IndianRoots which was started last year, is
hosting a Black Friday sale with a flat 80 percent off on its inventory of ethnic Indian apparel and accessories to make this festive season a tad more special for all the global Indians. With the Bang Bang Diwali Sale in October, the company’s sales reached up to INR 8.1 Crore, and now they are aiming at an even mightier revenue this time with the Black Friday sale.
- Shopclues is also offering discounts on the products listed on the website.
- eBay India has put its international products on sale and will offer a guarantee on all products bought by Indians in the up to 80% sale category.
- Indian shopping search and comparison site, Junglee.com has created a destination for customers to discover and compare the ‘Black Friday’ deals on products ranging from Google Chromecast, Playstation console, Google Nexus 7 tablet in electronics; beauty products; toys & baby products from Fisher Price and Lego; and hundreds of other products in categories such as home appliances, clothes and shoes.
This doesn’t end today, most of the sales will go up to, Cyber Monday (December 1) And even though there are not as many Indian retailers participating, there are a number of International stores you can shop from which ship to India during this heavy discounting period. Some are given below.
- Book Depository is an Amazon-owned website that sells books and customers can buy books without paying any customs fee.
- AliExpress, sells a range of products from automobile accessories to jewellery and many of its sellers offer free shipping (via China Post) to India.
- Dealextreme is a site for buying gadgets and most products are free shipped to India.
- Asos deals in fashion-related items. Consumers can buy items such as clothes, bags, belts, etc. on this website and they ship free to India.
- Newegg has recently started shipping its PC wares to India. Prices of most components are often higher than in India, but Newegg is a place to hunt for gadgets user can’t find locally.
- Thinkgeek is an online site for purchasing quirky gadgets, such as a Star Wars-themed Bluetooth speaker or keyboard cleaning putty. With shipping and all costs in place, consumer can get the speaker here in India for USD101.13 (approximately INR, 6,245).
- B&H Photo Video is offering photography related equipment for stills, audio and video recording.
- Overstock provides furniture, jewellery, perfumes, pet supplies and even books.
- Toysrus offers toys and games for children of different ages.
- Macy’s offers a range of fashion and accessories, and offers discounts in partnership with Indian site Yebhi
- Etsy is a marketplace where you can shop for handmade goods.
- Cafepress, is UK-based website where you can buy personalize items such as mugs, t-shirts, posters, pillow covers, smartphone cases etc.
Don’t be disheartened if you don’t see your favourite in the list, GOSF 2014 is just around the corner.Category Business Ecommerce News