Nasscom 10,000 startup under its program InnoTrek 2014, will be leading a select group of Indian technology entrepreneurs & founders to Silicon Valley for a week long program. 27 startups will be a part of this delegation and the event will begin from upcoming 12th May. Google for Entrepreneurs is the prime sponser for the event.
The program aims at providing a global platform for innovative young businesses to ‘Collaborate, Connect and Co-create’. The start-ups will have the opportunity to participate in meetings, workshops, networking sessions, investor panels, expert roundtables and corporate briefings with subject matter experts and peers.
Some of the prominent names will be Vinod Khosla, Founder, Khosla Ventures; Promod Haque, Norwest Venture Partners; Rashmi Sinha, Founder/CEO, SlideShare; Neeraj Arora, Business Development Head, WhatsApp; Anand Rajaraman and Venky Harinarayan, Founders – Cambrian Ventures, Junglee & Kosmix, among others.
Here is a brief overview of the startups:
1) Eka Software: A commodity management software solutions provider, Eka enables companies to efficiently and profitably meet the challenges of complex and volatile markets. The startup is based in Bangalore and a team of 400+ staff with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, and the Americas.
2) Fusion Charts: The company leverages Flash and Java Script to create charts, gauges and maps for the company’s web activities and enterprise applications. It currently offers more than 90 different charts types with multiple features and 500+ maps of all the continents and major countries. Based in Kolkata, its services are deployed by over 21,000 customers and 450,000 users in 110 countries, including a majority of Fortune 500 companies.
3) Wingify: A software company, it is a maker of Visual Website Optimizer (VWO). This tool allows marketers to optimize sales and conversions on their website using a variety of techniques such as A/B testing, behavioral targeting, heatmaps, usability testing, etc. Baesd in Delhi, it has a user base across 80+ countries.
4) Ezetap: It is a Mobile-based Payments service provider, based in Bangalore. It is a venture of Abhijit Bose, Bhaktha Kesavachar, and Sanjay Swamy. Founded in 2012, it is backed by investors such as Social Capital Partnership which is led by ex-Facebook executive Chamath Palihapitiya and Angelprime.
5) Capilary: A provider of cloud-based software solutions for retailers. Its solutions help clients manage their customer data and gain insights. It is is currently used by more than 150 major brands across 10,000 retail locations and with a user base of over 75 million consumers.
6) Sapience: It provides solution to measure Enterprise Effort, at every level of the business which helps in analyzing gaps and improve employee productivity.
7) Global Delight: The company is known for apps such as booster (a screen capturing software), and some camera and video recording & editing apps for the iPhone/iPod touch.
8) WebEngage: An on-site customer engagement toolkit which help clients run promotion/offers on their website. It has a client base across 40+ countries. Based in Mumbai, it has in its kitty portals like Flipkart, Snapdeal, TurboTax, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Jabong etc.
9) Shephertz: A technology focused startup based in New Delhi. It takes care of App’s complete backend irrespective of the technology or platform on which the app has been built. It was founded in 2010.
10) ContractIQ: It is a showcase for many mobile app development companies and their works. Currently they have over 2000 such companies across 40 countries showcasing themselves on their platform.
11) Tookitaki: A Kolkata based ad technology platform, it identifies from social trending interests. It then validates the same through web behavioral patterns to build customized campaigns, in real time.
12) Dataweave: A data aggregation and analytics company. Launched in 2011, it discovers, tracks and aggregates online public data and make it available in a structured format. It provides actionable data by aggregating, organizing, visualizing, and managing millions of data points from the Web.
13) NowFloats: It enables small and medium Businesses (SME) to get an online presence by simply using SMS. This website can also be updated by sending regular SMS and this message can be delivered to the loyal customers of that business.
14) Pugmarks.me: A context aware reading assistant, it is created by Bangalore based startup Insieve. It is backed by Ojas and Blume Ventures. It claims to come with sensors that can learn user’s context and recommends content right when he/she need it.
15) Voraka: A cloud based writer management engine created by Suyati Technologies and is based in Kerela. It provides a transparent process for the entire content marketing lifecycle.
16) Flutura: Bangalore based big data analytics startup, it deals in the IoT (Internet of Things) analytics space and is focused on monetizable business use cases. It operates at the intersection of Machine Data and Big Data Analytics.
17) InstaClique: It converts casual browsers to buyers, offering a complete on-site social engagement platform for e-commerce companies.
18) Spatial Ideas: The Mumbai based startup specializes in social media analytics, social media applications and GIS applications.
19) Framebench: A super performance utility for creative professionals to communicate their designs to their clients, accept feedback in real time. It is a web based platform where professionals can effectively review and approve media assets including high resolution images and even full HD videos.
20) Eventifier: Chennai based Startup Eventifier is solving the problem of scattered event data archiving including tweets, other social media streams, presentations and pics. It charges $19 for its standard single event package and its clients includes NASA, Hadoop, Clinton Foundation etc.
21) Rolocule: It is a game development and research studio located in Pune.
22) Praxify: It is a flagship platform of Xtremum Solutions, a healthcare technology services and solutions provider. Praxify is a cloud based physician practice management software with an integrated native iPad and Web based EHR application.
23) Germin8: A Big Data and analytics company, it is based in Mumbai. The company focuses on building products that enable organizations to make better decisions based on insights drawn from analysing unstructured data.
24) Freecharge: It is a patent pending online service for prepaid Mobile Recharge that gives users free coupons of top Indian Retailers. It is based in Mumbai.
25) Docspad: It embeds all popular document formats like .docx, .pptx, .xlsx & .pdf into user’s application GUI.
26) TELiBrahma: This Bangalore based startup is focused around contextual mobile services. Users focus their mobile camera on a logo of automobile to receive 3D view of the automobile etc.
27) Dfy Graviti: The startup offers a user engagement solution for broadcasting industry and offers consumers discover and personalize TV content. It is absed in Bangalore.