Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. have been a boon to retailers in Ecommerce giving them a platform to reach a wider audience. Individual skill practitioners have also benefitted from these platforms as well.
At iamWire’s Internet Retail Expo 2014, Pragnya Wakhlu an independent artist, associated with SongDew shared her success journey and the role played by the social media sites in moving along and selling her music on internet.
Here are some key points mentioned by her:
- Have ubiquitous presence-make your presence felt everywhere.
- You Tube is now used more as a search mechanism with more than 1 Bn people watching over 6 Bn hours content almost everyday. hence, a better medium to capitalize.
- Make your product available everywhere with ease and convenience.
- More your presence is felt to the consumers, more will be the engagement with them.
- To get success in customer acquisition, one really needs to build in the trust quotient.
- Blogging on relevant things helps.
The session finally concluded with few great songs by Pragnya. You can watch this three-minute trailer or the full video.