There are around 2.5 billion global internet users today – roughly 35% of the world’s population, as revealed in a recently published report by We Are Social, a global conversation agency. The agency is currently having offices in Singapore, New York, London, Paris, Milan, Munich, Sydney & São Paulo.
The report entitled “ Global Digital Statistics 2014 reports key social, digital and mobile stats from around the world. As per the report:
– The internet penetration in South Asia is 7% , which is quite low as compared to 81% in North America
– South Asia also lags behind North America in terms of Social Penetration, having only 7% active users as compared to 56% of the latter.
– In terms of global user base, Facebook tops the list with 1184 Mn users, followed by QZone (632 Mn) and Google+ (300 Mn)
– In messaging apps, QQ leads the list with 816 Mn users followed by WhatsApp (400 Mn) and WeChat (272 Mn)
– The number of active mobile subscriptions around the world now equates to roughly 93% of the world’s population.
Here is a complete report featuring the global stats on Social, Digital and Mobile in 2014: