With the recent growth in smartphone technology and the evolution of innovative marketing ways including all traditional, social and mobile marketing channels, creating demand for mobile services now relies on an understanding of mobile user behavior.
Here is a brief overview of recent survey by SAP in APAC countries including China, India, Japan and Australia :
1. Apart from in store and web purchases, users in APAC are also looking forward to other online purchasing options majorly via mobile.
2. There appears to be huge potential for the future of mobile transactions, buying goods and services using their mobile
3. Two-thirds (68%) of APAC users agree that compared to 12 months ago, they now use their mobile phone for more activities other than just making calls and texting, which is above the global average of 63%
4. The key drivers for growth in mobile as a communication medium centres around its compatibility with the user’s lifestyle.
5. Safety regarding personal information and lack of access to the internet while purchasing were found to be prime concerns in using mobile for purchasing.
6. As per the survey, 76% in China and 84% in India believed that mobile phones will be more important as a payment method in the future.
7. Indian users are most likely to purchase tickets for travel (62%), buy entertainment services (54%) and pay telecoms bills (51%).