Times Internet’s initiative, TLabs, a technology accelerator has recently announced its fourth batch consisting of 9 startups.
The startups are been selected from diverse domains such as retail, health, media, advertising, etc.
Satyan Gajwani, CEO, Times Internet , said,” There are lots of entrepreneurs starting up in India now and I feel the idea of start-ups being a ‘mentality’ rather than a concept. The challenge that runs ahead of every entrepreneur is to prove the proposition by convincing people. TLabs provides the edge over other start-ups right from the beginning as our goal is to support entrepreneurs as well as the entire innovative ecosystem to unlock the maximum value”.
Lets have a quick look at the selected startups:
1) BetaGlide: It is a mobile app testing platform that helps developers to gather information in real-time about the system usage and the behavior of their app, while they beta test their app in real life environment before launch.
2) GetMeAShop: It is an ecommerce platform helping offline businesses to set-up and manage their online store.
3) JiffStore- A Bangalore based mobile commerce platform that allows supermarkets to sell grocery online and helps customers to shop using their mobile phones.
4) Labforth: Based in Delhi, Labforth provides a cost effective and easy to use laboratory information management and marketing platform. It allows any Pathology Lab to deliver professional reports to their clients online, quickly and securely and also helps in keeping track of your patient reports and prescriptions.
5) News in Shorts (NIS): It is a mobile news platform that summarizes the news within 60 words, providing facts without any opinion. It picks up the most popular stories from various sources and provides them on mobile and web.
6) Sponsored Giveaways: A marketplace connecting Sponsors (Advertisers) and Bloggers to deal with Giveaways / Contests online.
7) VindowShop: An image recognition platform, helping users to search and buy apparel by simply clicking on pictures shared online.
8) Vozeal: Based out in Bangalore, Vozeal is a self-serve platform. It helps video advertisers in expanding their reach through a network of publishers, where publishers can monetize through an additional channel.
9) Yippster: It helps digital content providers with an additional payment medium through telecom operator billing.
With this batch, TLabs has 23 startups under its portfolio.
Recently, TLabs has also invested in travel intelligence company Skift.
TLabs was launched in 2011 by Times Internet, as a incubation & development programme designed to nurture and support the ideas and projects of budding Internet & mobile entrepreneurs. Apart from providing support, TLabs also invests INR 10 Lakh for 10% of stake in the company.
To contact the author, email email@example.comCategory News Startups