The article has been updated.
The current decade for Indian ecommerce has led it to a pioneering stage. It is not only grooming in the domestic markets but is also developing as a huge market attracting world leaders in ecommerce.
However, for medium and small retailers having low budgets, its difficult to make huge investments to make their entry in the online retail space, establish their authority and provide services such as cash on delivery, interest free EMIs etc. Also investing huge in making their own in house platform takes away a lot of time and money of the retailers willing to test the waters online.
Here comes the role of an ecommerce SaaS platform- an already stable platform to sell products. Instead of selling goods on a third party website, a startup can still launch its own e-commerce portals in a much reduced cost over a monthly rental or a revenue sharing basis on pay-as-you-go model.
Some of the ecommerce SaaS platforms in India are mentioned below along with their comparison.
The comparison is done on the basis of parameters that might play a crucial role in selecting an ecommerce SaaS platform for a seller.**
1) Shopify – Shopify allows you to choose from over 100 free ecommerce website templates, with an easy theme setting editor to customize according to the user needs. It provides complete support from building and hosting an ecommerce website to numerous shipping and payment options.
It also claims to provide 99.94% uptime with unlimited web hosting worldwide. With Google as a partner, shopify is giving extra $100 in advertising on spending $25 and also gives $50 credit for facebook to new shopify customers. Currently in India, the online stores using services of shopify are: Poster Gully, Parisera, We the PPL, Yellow Fashion, No Nasties, and The Beach Company
2) Zepo – It claims to make open a person’s online store within 5 minutes. Along with providing the core technical support, Zepo also provides the user with most prominent dashboard features and a facility to set up an online store with user’s existing domain name. Also partnered with Blue Dart to help with logistics and COD services.
3) PowerStores: Having clients like Giftcardsindia.in, Bodylinestore.com, Universalhockey.ca and Scottmorganfineart.com, PowerStores claims to provide advantages of Amazon Web Services and Data centers plus you can customize your theme any way you want with HTML and CSS. It also offers a free 30 day trial with 24×7 customer support and a dedicated account “Guru”. The platform offers various features such as design themes, compatibility of site with all mobile devices and iPad and and also an APP store where developers can sell apps and PowerStore users can add features to their websites in mintues.
4) Buildabazaar– A product of Infibeam, it lets users use their payment gateway setup. However, the shipping logistic has to be managed by the owner of the site. It also provides the facility to collects payment on owners behalf and then pays on 16th and end of every month after deducting their transaction charges. At present, it is providing 3 membership plans viz. Silver, Gold and Platinum. Some of the brands associated with it includes Airtel, Crossword, TheMobileStore, VIP, HiDesign, Bombay Dyeing, TVC Sky shop and Prestige.
5) Martjack– Martjack claims to offer a complete solution. It has an exclusive partnership with HDFC bank to provide a pre-integrated payment gateway and with aramex to provide a pre-integrated shipping logistics.
6) 39shops– They have pre-configured payment gateways. The user just need to enter authentication details and can start accepting payment. also again there is a need to arrange own merchant account and shipping.
7) Shopnix– Shopnix basically provides technical support like building & hosting a website and integration with payment gateways. It also provides logistics and shipping services. The payment methods include COD, credit cards, debit cards, online transfer etc. via payment gateways such as Direcpay, PayU, Zaakpay,etc. Some of the Indian stores using its services are Sapnaonline.com, kiranawalla.com, freshbazaar.com, etc.
8) Purplestores– It provides unlimited customization features along with an integrated payment gateway. Purplestores is offering logistics service for its merchants, through its tie up with Blue Dart, where pickup is arranged from merchant’s location to the customer’s shipping address. They also offer both prepaid and cash on delivery options.
9) KartRocket: With specially designed services around payments, cash on delivery, automated shipping management and multi-channel sales – KartRocket claims itself to be the only solution which is tailor made for the Indian turf. Also, it is India’s only platform that is pre-integrated with leading marketplaces such as Amazon & eBay. The company plans to bring in other marketplaces such as Tradus, Flipkart & Snapdeal too. A seller can also push feeds to Junglee, Shopzilla, Google and Bing to get more visibility to his/her store. It currently provides 3 plans, viz, Starter, Professional and Unlimited. The features and services provided differ as per the plan taken by the seller.
10) iQecommerce: An all in one hosted ecommerce website solutions for individual or small business owner, iQecommerce provides 100+ inbuilt features. It provides a 14 day trial offer. The site includes features such as Product Image Zooming Option, template customization, Facebook Social Shop, Accept Order by Phone and many more. It also claims to provide 99.99% uptime similar to shopify along with customer up sales/cross sales based on cart value which is the easiest way to increase order values or increase sales.
**All Information collected as available online.
To contact the author of this post, email at email@example.com