Indian online advertising market is expected to reach INR 2,938 Crore by March 2014, states the latest report released by Internet and Mobile Association of India and IMRB International.
The report states that the online advertising market, comprising search, display, mobile, social media, email and video advertising, has grown by 29% YoY to INR 2,260 Crore by March, 2013. It was valued at INR 1,750 Crore in FY 2011-12. Share of digital marketing spend of the total Indian advertising spend is still 7% in 2012. (Source: GroupM)
Key findings in the report
- Online advertising market on an average is expected to grow by 40% annually in four year to 2013-14.
- Search and display advertising continue to form a large portion of the overall pie in 2011-2012. Though declined in 2012-2013, owing to the rise in the mobile, social media and video advertising.
- Spend in search advertising includes SEO spend, which has increased from INR 58 Crore to 128 Crore in FY 2012-13.
- Spends on mobile advertising have increased from INR 115 Crore in 2011-12 to INR 230 Crore in 2012-13.
- Social media, email and video advertising constitute 13% (INR 300 Crore), 3% (INR 68 Crore) and 7% (INR 150 Crore) of the online advertising market, respectively.
- 84% of the internet traffic still comes from the personal computer – laptops, netbooks & desktops. Traffic from mobile devices grew from being 10% of the total Internet traffic in FY 2011-12 to 16 % in FY 2012-2013.
- Auto (13%), BFSI (12%), Travel (12%) & Telecom (14%) are top digital spending sectors in FY 2012-13. Ecommerce constitutes to about 5% of the total market spend which was 7% in FY 2011-12.
For the complete report, click hereCategory News Social