Ecommerce, News

Social shopping is on rise, registers 100 % growth MoM, a Hyderabad based social shopping website has been registering 100 percent growth MoM since its launch in November 2011. It is an exclusive club where Fopping’s members get exclusive discounts on the chosen products.

Sharing the experience of so far journey of, Rama Jamili, Co-Founder & CEO said “we are witnessing launch of ecommerce sites almost every day, however there is an array of trading opportunities also available on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. We aspire to evangelize the same space and so far the experience is like a roller coaster ride”

According to Jamili, gets traffic of anything around 4,000 to 6,000 on everyday basis along with 100 to 150 shares by its followers on Facebook. However, he declined to share even approx numbers of transactions as he says it is in stealth mode. Answering the query about split of orders between COD and plastic card based payments; Jamili added “we see 40 percent of orders as COD and remaining 60 percent are plastic card enabled orders.

As ecommerce shopping phenomenon is largely driven by men shoppers in the country, Fopping uniquely witness more women shoppers than men. According to company’s analytics around 65 percent orders constitute by women shoppers. Throwing light on orders generating across demographics, Jamili said “most of our orders originate from cities in north like Delhi -Chandigarh region preceded by Mumbai, Banglore and Pune.

Currently, it operates from one warehouse located in Hyderabad and uses third party logistics service from DTDC, First flight and sporadically Aramex.

Have ideas to share? Submit a post on iamwire

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>