Ecommerce, News

Kid’s apparel e-tailer Mangostreet sees significant growth, 80 % transactions are plastic card enabled, a Delhi based kid’s apparel e-tailer which started its operation January this year has been registering significant growth of business since its beta launch. Currently, it closes 30 to 40 transactions everyday with traffic ranging from 2500 to 3000 on the website. Mangostreet offers branded fashion clothing collection for kids (Boys & Girls) including school uniforms, shoes and accessories.

Speaking exclusively to iamwire, Mohit Yadav, Founder & CEO, Mangostreet said “we have launched Mangostreet on January 5 and since then we are seeing fair amount of appetite for parents looking apparel for their wards. We have been experiencing 15 to 20 percent demand in casual clothing followed by school uniform”.

Throwing light on growth of Mangostreet across demographics, Yadav said “at present most of our orders come from metros, around 60 percent of Mangostreet orders generate from metros and tier 1 cities, however we also see strong demand from tier 2 and 3 cities and collectively it contributes remaining 40 percent”. The average ticket size of per purchase at Mangostreet is around INR 600.

Interestingly, while the industry sees Cash on Delivery (COD) as a preferred payment option by consumers,’s 80 percent transactions are plastic card enabled and only 20 percent are COD. As far as cost per consumer acquisition  is concerned, Mangostreet spends anywhere between  INR 250-300.

Mangostreet’s marketing strategies are largely focused on digital medium and awareness programs it conducts in school and societies across Delhi-NCR region. “Apart from these, word of mouth has been very effective for Mangostreet along with innovative engaging campaigns on social networks like Facebook and Twitter.

Have ideas to share? Submit a post on iamwire

One comment

  1. 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>